S5E3: Marriage Makes Us All Better
Bree Carroll is an engineer using her skills as an event coordinator and wedding planner.
Bree saw some marriages around her fail mostly due to a lack of resources to help them get through the challenges they faced. The resources were too hard to find. As a person of action, she made the leap from spectator to influencer, making it her mission to connect those hurting with those who have the ability to help.
One of Bree’s passions is wedding planning, so watching marriages fall apart was counter to her very existence.
How Bree communicates:
1. Through prayer – I’ve seen this change things in my marriage. Go directly to the one who created love in the first place.
2. With spouse – Keep timing and tact in mind when communicating with your spouse! Spouses are not mind readers. (Celebrate small successes and use that momentum to work on bigger challenges.)
What Bree hopes to accomplish with her work:
- Hearts and Stripes is a Facebook community where people can find a one-stop shop for resources for their marriage.
- Connection to others who have gone through similar challenges.
- Support from others while seeking help for your own marriage.
- We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” Dr. Seuss
- Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.
- Be patient and give grace.” Bree Carroll
Bree Carroll’s resources:
Other resources mentioned: