The "Why" Behind the Lifegiver Clinician Directory?
Because connection is what everyone is looking for
Your programming only goes so far...
Organizations are created to provide specific programming to meet targeted needs within the service community. Yet it is impossible to meet all the needs of a family- especially a service family. Most organizations are not set up to offer intensive mental health care or have the confidence to find trustworthy referrals- and it can feel like your reputation is on the line.
Corie Weathers, a military spouse clinician and service organization consultant, discovered this dilemma as she spent endless hours searching for culturally competent clinicians that families could be referred to for more intensive care. She found that in addition to the struggle to find clinicians that are trained to work with service families, there were also military spouses and veteran clinicians that desperately wanted their practice to be visible. This is where the Lifegiver Clinician Directory was created.
How does it work?
– Clinicians register for an account on the Lifegiver site and set up their profile- putting their practice on the map.
– Clinicians are required to enter in license numbers and experience that can be vetted by Lifegiver or families that are considering working with them.
– Families and organizations use the map with all of its searchable features to locate culturally competent professionals to connect with.
– Families then have the responsibility to reach out and choose professionals that they want to work with.
What is asked of you?
The Lifegiver Clinician Directory provides a service to organizations and service families while simultaneously meeting the needs of clinicians. Clinicians pay the minimal fee of $10 per year to list their profile as a marketing expense for their business.
In order to find and list as many competent providers as possible and make the directory truly a successful search engine, clinicians must feel that families and organizations are willing to utilize it. By partnering with Lifegiver, LLC, your organization is willing to:
– Use the directory as an organization when looking for clinicians for service families
– Point clinicians and families to it when they are looking for clinicians, and
– Allow Lifegiver, LLC to use your logo and any information you provide about your organization to communicate to clinicians and families.
What you get
Clinicians that register on the Lifegiver Directory have access to their own personal Provider Dashboard. There, partnering organizations can have information about programming, links to websites, and any other opportunities they want shared with clinicians.
Lifegiver, LLC will also provide logos and any other agreed upon information about the Lifegiver Directory or the resources available on life-giver.org for use on your website as a resource for families to enhance their personal growth. The directory, therefore, provides you with a way to reduce the liability for your cohort that requires additional care than you can provide.
It is great marketing, connects you to more families, as well as the mental health community that is always looking for resources.
Good for you. Good for clinicians. Good for your families.
It’s a win-win-win.